Norfolk and Norwich festival 2017 announces line up
- Credit: Dylan Evans
Tickets are now on sale for the Norfolk and Norwich festival 2017
Clear your diaries! The Norfolk and Norwich Festival has announced another cracking line up.
Following the overwhelming success of the festival last year, which saw 57,000 visitors to the 17 day spectacular, the largest arts festival in the East of England has revealed its first six shows for 2017, including theatre, music, dance, and circus.
Acts confirmed so far come from the Race Horse Company, Akram Khan Company, Casus Circus, Quarantine and more, at the event which will run from Friday May 12, until May 28, 2017.
William Galinsky, the Festival's Artistic Director, said: 'We are hugely excited to be able to announce some of the first shows for the 2017 Festival.
You may also want to watch:
'Next year's programme continues our commitment to bringing an array of amazing international artists to NNF, as well as presenting some of the most exciting UK companies. Once again there will be plenty of opportunities to get involved as we will be looking for 60 local people to star in Quarantine's brilliant theatre show Summer. Autumn. Winter. Spring.
'We look forward to announcing the full programme in the new year.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 6 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
The Festival highlights for 2017 so far include a headline production for the Adnams Spiegeltent, 'Driftwood', which is a colourful and turbulent concoction from Casus Circus.
Next year also sees the return of circus cabaret troupe Race Horse Company, with their latest show 'Super Sunday.' Akram Khan Company's acclaimed show for families, 'Chotto Desh,' as well as Grammy and Tony Award-winning jazz artist, Dee Dee Bridgewater.
The festival promises to provide entertainment for all the family, with over 900 children and young people taking part in educational events at the 2016 festival.
Last year, an amazing £3.9 million was generated in the local economy thanks to the festival, given the thousands of tourists that are attracted to the city and surrounding area for the art extravaganza.
Tickets are now on sale.
Call the box office on 01603 766400, buy online at www.nnfestival.org.uk or in person at Norwich Theatre Royal Box Office.
Concessions and Under 26s discounts will be available.
Full information on all Norfolk & Norwich Festival events can be found at www.nnfestival.org.uk.