Norfolk and north Suffolk Awards for All grant winners announced
A north Norfolk community gym, the Museum of the Broads, and a Yarmouth club for people with dementia are among 47 projects across the East of England sharing in �348,958 worth of lottery grants, announced today, Monday September 12.
A clutch of 11 recipients in Norfolk and north Suffolk will be receiving between �300 and �10,000 from the Big Lottery's Awards for All pot.
They include a community gym being set up at Aylsham's Cawston Road Drill Hall, targeted at the over-50s, which will receive the maximum �10,000.
The Purfleet Trust Resettlement Project in King's Lynn will also receive �10,000 to provide workshops, including an allotment project and cooking classes aimed at homeless people.
Other local award winners are: The Museum of The Broads, at Stalham Staithe, �8,890 for resurfacing the outside of their building; North Elmham Youth and Community Development Trust, �9,504 to install a lower ceiling and lighting in their centre; St Mary's Memory Club, Yarmouth, �3,682 to provide an activity and support club for people in the initial stages of dementia; Clenchwharton Gardening Club, King's Lynn, �1,012 to buy IT and projector equipment; Wells Maltings Trust, �3,670 to improve lighting in their community hall and buy equipment; Buxton Primary School, near Aylsham, �4,100 for training courses to help parents support their children as they learn; Brooke Parish Council, south of Norwich, �3,306 to install a path providing access to a village conservation area; Waveney Valley Towns Group, �10,000 for audio tours and trails for seven market towns in Suffolk and Norfolk; and Asperger East Anglia, based in Yarmouth, �8,900 to open a new youth group.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument