Norfolk activities voted in list of nation’s top 30 happy places
- Credit: Archant
A new survey has revealed the nation's ultimate happy places with three Norfolk activities making the top 30 - how many have you done?
It seems it's not just the people of Norfolk that love Nelson's county with Brits voting three tourist hotspots onto the list.
Boating on the broads sailed into 13th position, closely followed by walking the dog at Holkham Bay on the north Norfolk coast at 16.
A staple of any Norfolk childhood, riding donkeys on Great Yarmouth beach was also ranked at number 26.
Eating a pub lunch in the Cotswolds was voted Brits' ultimate happy place, with walking in the Lake District and eating an ice-cream on Brighton Beach at second and third position respectively.
The survey, which polled 1,500 British adults, was carried out by SACO (Serviced Apartment Company).
A spokesperson for SACO said: 'Britain really does have it all – whether that's food and drink, leisure, accommodation and entertainment, or the great outdoors and sprawling beaches.
'In terms of culture, history and picturesque scenery, many popular European resorts could not compete.'
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 5 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 6 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 7 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 8 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 9 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
1. . Pub lunch in the Cotswolds
2. Walking / hiking in the Lake District
3. Eating ice-cream on Brighton Beach
4. Eating fish and chips in Padstow
5. Admiring the white sandy beaches of the Hebrides
6. Walking in the Peak District
7. Enjoying a cream tea in the Isles of Scilly
8. Enjoying a pasty in St Ives
9. Visiting the Roman Baths
10. Open top bus ride in London
11. Picking fossils on the Jurassic Coast
12. Swimming in Bude Sea Pool, Cornwall
13. Boating on the Norfolk broads
14. Eating candy floss at Blackpool Pleasure Beach
15. Walking the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path
16. Walking the dog on Holkham Bay, Norfolk
17. Searching for Nessie at Loch Ness
18. Playing arcade games on Weston Super Mare Pier
19. Building sand castles on Blackpool Sands beach
20. Climbing St Michaels Mount
21. Winning a toy for the children in Barry Island
22. Rock Pooling in Polzeath Beach
23. Exploring Exmore
24. Playing rounders on Perranporth Beach, Cornwall
25. Strolling over the Clifton suspension bridge
26. Riding donkeys on Great Yarmouth Beach
27. Surfing on Fistral Beach
28. Crabbing in Looe
29. Punting on the Cam
30. Sailing in Salcombe
Where is your ultimate happy place? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @EDP24