Nine woman from the Diss area are ready for charity bike ride in London
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A group of women from the Diss area are gearing up for a pedal-powered fundraiser that will see them cycle through the streets of London at night.
Karen Le Grys, 51; Amanda Paterson, 48; Vanessa Goddard, 45; Cherilyn Wright, 43; Sarah Dorling, 43; Karen Betts, 43; Elaine Aldous, 39; Natalie Nunn Clarke, 38, and Morag Burnard will be taking part in the Women V Cancer Ride the Night event on May 28.
The fundraising ride will see thousands of women cycle from Royal Windsor Racecourse and follow a 100km route into London and back to the racecourse.
The ride will be raising funds for Breast Cancer Care, Ovarian Cancer Action and Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust.
All of the nine women from the Diss area, most of whom are nurses or work in the care sector, have been affected by cancer in some way and can be seen out cycling as they ramp up their training ahead of the challenge.
Mrs Goddard, of Palgrave, said: 'Once the spring starts, there will be no stopping us.'
The women have called their team Who cares...We do! and their ethos is close to all their hearts.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 10 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
Mrs Nunn Clarke, from Roydon, said: 'All of us have been affected by cancer in one way, shape or form, including personal battles, and loved ones who have fought and won but also lost and no longer touch the earth.'
Between them the women hope to raise several thousand pounds for the three charities.
To support the nine women by making a donation, visit https://www.justgiving.com/womenvcancer-ridethenight/