Great Yarmouth woman loses more than eight stone in just 18 months
- Credit: Lisa Kennedy
Two women from Newtown have been named the group's Slimming World Women of the Year.
Lisa Kennedy has gone from a 18.6 stone to 10 stone in just over 18 months and goes from dress size 24 to a size 10. She will go forward to the regional finals of the competition.
She said: 'I still remember walking in with no confidence feeling sick, but right from the first moment I walked into my Slimming World group I felt welcomed, and the support I've received has been amazing.'
62-year-old Mandy Simmons was also a crowned as joint winner after joining with her daughter. Mayor of Great Yarmouth, Kerry Robinson-Payne spent the day with the two classes and crowned the winners.
Ali Burrell, who runs the Newtown Methodist Church Group, says: 'I'm so proud of Mandy and Lisa, they are fantastic ambassadors for Slimming World and what they have achieved is nothing sort of incredible.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops