Great Yarmouth woman loses more than eight stone in just 18 months
- Credit: Lisa Kennedy
Two women from Newtown have been named the group's Slimming World Women of the Year.
Lisa Kennedy has gone from a 18.6 stone to 10 stone in just over 18 months and goes from dress size 24 to a size 10. She will go forward to the regional finals of the competition.
She said: 'I still remember walking in with no confidence feeling sick, but right from the first moment I walked into my Slimming World group I felt welcomed, and the support I've received has been amazing.'
62-year-old Mandy Simmons was also a crowned as joint winner after joining with her daughter. Mayor of Great Yarmouth, Kerry Robinson-Payne spent the day with the two classes and crowned the winners.
Ali Burrell, who runs the Newtown Methodist Church Group, says: 'I'm so proud of Mandy and Lisa, they are fantastic ambassadors for Slimming World and what they have achieved is nothing sort of incredible.'
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm