Newlyweds-to-be flock to the Norfolk Showground for biggest EDP Wedding Show to date
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Thousands of excited bride and grooms-to-be are at the Norfolk Showground today, as a two-day wedding spectacular continues.
The EDP Wedding Show, now in its sixth year, has more than 150 exhibitors offer guidance to soon-to-be newlyweds in need of a little help turning their dreams into reality.
The show, which is sponsored by Alba Rose diamonds, ran yesterday and finishes today, with stalls, shows and a champagne bar to keep guests happy.
And by Saturday morning the show was already off to a lively start, with an estimated 1,000 through the doors by 12pm.
Laura Honey, 33, of Newmarket, came to the show with her sister ahead of her wedding this June.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'We've got quite a lot of it planned already but I couldn't resist coming along. It's a really big wedding show - there's so much here. We've had so much fun and really enjoyed the fashion show.'
Lively catwalk shows, held four times a day, will display the latest in bridal fashion for all members of the family.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
EDP Wedding Show manager Diana Sims said that the event was on the 'scale of a national show' and that visitors were expected from as far as Essex.
This year, two lucky couples will win their dream wedding, as they walk away with £25,000 worth of wedding goodies in a one-of-a-kind competition.
Dresses, a marquee, accessories, transport, photographers and even hen and stag parties will all be up for grabs in the giveaway.
To be in with a chance of winning your wedding, visit the show, follow the trail around it and put your completed entry into the prize draw box. Tickets can still be bought on the day. They cost £10, £18 for two or £32 for four.
The show runs from 10am to 4pm both days.
See Monday's paper for a 12-page supplement on the show.
Are you holding an event we should be writing about? Let us know by writing to EDP Letters Editor, Eastern Daily Press, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE.