New Years Day swimmers brave the cold in aid of scout group
- Credit: Archant
A group braved chilly waters on a New Years Day swim to raise funds for a scout trip.
More than £2,000 was raised for the 1st Caister scout group who are looking to travel to Austria in August.
Taking part were 15 people including scout leaders, scouts, a beaver and Phoenix explorers.
They were joined by staff from The Beach Hut and Kings Arms pub.
As they rushed out to sea near The Beach Hut on North Drive, Great Yarmouth, more than 100 people were there in attendance to cheer them on.
You may also want to watch:
Scout leader Lisa Garrod, who organised and took part in the event said: 'It was a great event and enjoyed by everyone who took part.
'The sea was very cold when you first entered it, but then we all seemed to warm up.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 7 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 8 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
'It was a very refreshing, fun and bracing way to start 2017 - a big thank you to everyone involved.'