New Italian wine café set to open in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A wine café is looking to open in The Terrace area of the Castle Mall in Norwich.
Veeno Norwich LTD has applied to Norwich City Council for a licence for the premises on Farmers Avenue.
The application states: 'The business will trade as a wine café with the name of Veeno and will offer Italian wines, cold food (meats and cheeses) and other soft drinks/hot drinks. Background music will be played at a low volume to entertain customers through small speakers installed on the walls.'
The café wants to serve alcohol until 11pm during the week and 1am over the weekend.
Members of the public have until May 22 to comment on the application.
Veeno launched in Manchester in 2013 after two Italian men met 'to find out that they shared a unique passion; they both loved and missed, the Italian Aperitivo.'
The company now has franchises across the country but currently none in East Anglia.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 7 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks