New venture for family shop in Hellesdon
A long-established family-run card shop has entered a new era this weekend by teaming up with a national chain.
The new Thorntons concession in Cards 'n' Things in Reepham Road, Hellesdon, was officially opened by Norwich North MP Chloe Smith today (Friday).
To mark the occasion, she helped create a chocolate plaque. A range of activities will be held tomorrow (Saturday) including chocolate tastings, a colouring competition a raffle in aid of charity.
The shop, run by Paul Southgate and owned by his parents Ruth and David, has been in Hellesdon for 25 years. Before that, the shop was known as Hellesdon Toy and Gift Centre which opened 36 years ago.
The shop underwent a refit five years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Southgate said: 'This is something really new for us. Thorntons were quite keen to join us as we are a successful business and a busy shop. It should be good for both businesses.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns