New thrill-seeking Slingshot ride opens in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Fresh from a theme park in Dubai, a new amusement ride for thrill seekers has opened to the public.
The Slingshot ride on Great Yarmouth seafront arrived in the resort from the Global Village amusement park in the United Arab Emirates.
The attraction stands some 45 metres tall, and flings participants, safely secured in a capsule, 60 metres in the air and is Europe's tallest travelling bungee ride.
Reporter George Ryan and Victoria McCarthy from Harbour Radio were the first people in the town to go on the ride.
Mr Ryan said: 'It's a pretty scary looking ride, but as soon as you get fired into the air it feels exhilarating and the view from the top is amazing.'
You may also want to watch:
The ride is placed where the former Amazonia reptile zoo was based in Marine Parade.
The Slingshot will be open at peak times until mid-October.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled