New theatre arts course for people with learning disabilities opens for bookings
- Credit: Archant
An exciting new theatre arts course for adults with learning disabilities is set to start in Lowestoft.
Suffolk Artlink is calling for students to get involved – with a taster day being held tomorrow (Thursday, February 23).
For the arts and wellbeing charity's successful JumpstART courses, they will be offering 15 weekly sessions of drama, puppet making, prop making, costume and performance at The Bethel – home of the Lowestoft Players – starting next Thursday, March 2.
Fran Speight, Suffolk Artlink project development officer, said: 'We are really looking forward to welcoming new students to work alongside theatre practitioners and prop makers this term.'
The taster day takes place tomorrow between 10am and 3pm at The Bethel, costing £15. The 15-week theatre arts course is held every Thursday from next week, between 10am and 4pm at The Bethel, costing £225 – £15 per session.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Fran Speight via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01986 873955.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk