New staff arrive in Great Yarmouth for wind farm project
- Credit: Archant
Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm project is now welcoming its first ten operations and maintenance (O&M) personnel onto the Berth 9 site on the River Yare in Great Yarmouth.
The team will work out of temporary office accommodation while work progresses to complete the conversion of an existing warehouse to create the Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm's dedicated O&M base.
The main task for this team is to establish the onshore operations base, carry out further recruitment for the operations organisation and provide onshore logistic and operational support to the offshore wind farm construction team, which is expected to begin the installation process in March 2016.
The conversion of the existing building by East Anglian builders RG Carter is expected to be finished by the summer of 2016.
Dudgeon Operation Manager, Rune Rønvik, said: 'I am very pleased to be established in Great Yarmouth, and that we have reached this important stage of the project.'
'It is a significant step for Statoil as an offshore wind farm operator, and we are looking forward to developing good relationships with the public, Great Yarmouth Borough Council and the local business community, who we will be co-operating with for the next 25 years.'
During the coming year, Statoil plans to recruit 30 permanent people to fill the roles of engineers, control room operators, planners and wind turbine technicians.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 5 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
There will also be an additional eight temporary positions relating to the project phase.
In addition, the company will be inviting tenders for local services to support activities both at the base and offshore. All employment opportunities will be posted on the Dudgeon website.