New Smart Radio station launches in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A brand new radio station has launched in Great Yarmouth.
Smart Radio started broadcasting online from the Community House building in Church Plain this week.
Station manager Neil Jones said the launch had gone well.
He added: 'People are tuning in, listening and loving it. We've had a few people coming through our doors as well.'
The emphasis of the station is on music, with there never being more than five minutes until the next song.
You may also want to watch:
According to the DJ of 37-years the future is digital, adding: 'I've not had a radio in the house for five years.'
The station is hoping to launch a mobile phone app as well where people can listen to the station on the go.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
The digital venture is being run by a group of 16 volunteers, and Mr Jones hopes more people from across the borough will get involved too.
The whole project took fewer than 12 weeks to launch.