New showroom in charity store opened to customers today
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A major refurbishment has increased the floor space of a popular city centre charity shop.
Work started in the British Heart Foundation (BHF) Furniture and Electrical Store in Castle Meadow last month.
And builders have been working hard on the massive refit and reconfiguration to add an upstairs showroom, increasing the sales floor space by 70pc.
Now, store manager Andy Major is ready to reopen, with the grand unveiling taking place today.
He said: 'The added floor space will enable a greater variety and quantity of the furniture and electrical items – so generously donated by the people of Norfolk – to be displayed. Added to this there has been a further extension and three new ranges added to our existing new goods lines.
You may also want to watch:
'We will also be providing a passenger lift which will be available for customers to use if required.'
Work started on October 10 and took two weeks to complete, but the store remained open in that time.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
The grand reveal took place today at 10am.
To celebrate the opening day, a free home delivery service for all sales on the day will be offered to customers.
The store stocks new and used furniture and electrical items, to raise money for BHF.
It is run by a team of volunteers and paid staff and fresh stock is received daily, with donations always welcome.