New Royals are chosen
- Credit: Archant
By Royal appointment - the new faces fronting two town carnivals have been unveiled.
For the first time this year a Beccles carnival prince was selected to represent the town alongside the Miss Beccles carnival queen and her two princess attendants.
The contest, held at Beccles Public Hall, saw almost 30 entrants vying to become carnival royalty, answering a series of questions for the judges.
This year's Miss Beccles is 17-year-old Stephanie Tsang, a student at Sir John Leman sixth form in Beccles.
She said: 'I thought it would be a really nice opportunity to represent Beccles and be part of the carnival.'
You may also want to watch:
Faith Alexander, nine, and Brooke Lay, ten, were chosen as the princess, joined by eight-year-old Joshua Brabben as prince. The two princess attendants are Hannah Borton and Bethany Newly
The Cromer Carnival prince and princess were also chosen at an event held at The Red Lion hotel in Cromer on Sunday . Ashley Beshir, 11, and Ebony Barratt, eight, both from Cromer, took the titles.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Person pulled from car stuck in floodwater
- 9 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 10 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
They join the two new Cromer Carnival junior attendants Sian Clarke and Trinity Sayer-Folley, both 13 and from Cromer, and this year's Miss Cromer Joanna Annison, 22, and her senior attendant Sammy Armstrong, both from Cromer.