New roundabout drives down speed at Felbrigg
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
As the driving force behind the building of a new roundabout at Felbrigg, north Norfolk district councillor Hilary Cox had much to celebrate when it was officially launched after a ten year campaign.
Mrs Cox was joined by representatives from the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership, North Norfolk District Council, Cromer Town Council, Norfolk County Council, local businesses, contractors, the parish councils of Felbrigg, Runton and Felbrigg and Cromer Crematorium, all of which contributed to the £619,000 project.
Also attending the launch were members of the Steps to Safety group, which began campaigning for speed reduction measures in the area 13 years ago.
Mrs Cox said: 'It has achieved our aims of a reduction in speed and better access to the crematorium and the great thing is that everybody put something in, as they all realised how important it was.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant