New play equipment for Denver Playing Fields
- Credit: Archant
Villagers have raised £10,000 for new equipment on their playing field.
Parents teamed up with the Denver Playing Field Association to put a new slide, swings and roundabout on the site next to the pavillion.
Mum Julia Covell said the group was now raising funds for more equipment.
'We want to develop it for the older children,' she said. 'That's our next project.'
Those donating to phase one included Tesco (£4,000), Downham Market Round Table (£1,000) and the estate of the late Janet Lewis (£400).
You may also want to watch:
The remainder was raised from events including the regular car boots held at the playing fields.
The 13-acre site is in use almost daily, with six adult and junior cricket teams and five football teams all playing there.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker