New pagers a success with parents at QEH
- Credit: Archant
Pagers that alert anxious parents when their child has come out of surgery are proving a success at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
The innovative idea was developed by the hospital's project management team and is also being used to help pregnant mothers at the Brancaster outpatients' clinic.
The quiet call pagers have been funded by the King's Lynn Hospitals League of Friends, which last year donated £80,000 worth of equipment.
Hospital chief executive Dorothy Hosein said: 'Since its introduction, this simple device has already made a huge difference to parents who are desperate for news of their child.
'The pager lets them know almost straightaway when the youngster is out of theatre and calls them back.'
You may also want to watch:
The pager system has already been used very successfully in the hospital's fracture clinic by allowing families to move around before being called back for their appointment.
A further 20 pagers have since been bought and divided between theatres for the hospital's paediatric patients, and Brancaster outpatients. The system will be rolled out to other areas of the hospital.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
The pagers, which vibrate when alerted, can be used anywhere within the hospital and parts of its grounds.
Project manager Sarah Davidson is demonstrating the pager system at the League of Friends' annual meeting in the hospital's lecture theatre at 7pm on Tuesday, September 27.
How have the new pagers helped you and your family at the QEH? Email firstname.lastname@example.org