New Norfolk trail maps to mark milestone
- Credit: Ian Burt
When artist Andrew Ruffhead was commissioned to create eye-catching maps of the county's National Trail he did not have far to go to find inspiration.
Burnham Market based Mr Ruffhead lives a short stroll from the Norfolk Coast Path which, with Peddars Way, makes up the 93 mile walking route.
The two artworks, which feature a multitude of natural wonders and historic monuments, have been created to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Norfolk's National Trail.
Mr Ruffhead said: 'There were landmarks I did not previously know about including Trimingham Radar and Stiffkey Whirlygig, which was used to launch pilotless aircraft for target practice.'
The map includes illustrations of features on the newest section of the coastal path between Sea Palling and Hopton that is due to open in October.
You may also want to watch:
Senior trails officer Russell Wilson said: 'Lots of walkers complete the whole route and would like a memento. This brings fresh colour to the trail and can be a piece of artwork to hang up on the wall at home.
'The maps are like the landscape, the closer you look the more you discover.' Copies of the artworks will be available for purchase from the National Trials website.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church