New Lidl planned for King’s Lynn
Store giant Lidl is planning to build a new supermarket on the outskirts of King's Lynn.
Land at Morston Point, off Scania Way on the Hardwick Industrial estate, was given outline planning permission for a mixed retail development in 2015.
It included a supermarket, DIY superstore, garden centre, family pub, hotel, drive-through restaurant and car showroom, along with roads and car parks.
Now Lidl looks set to be one of the first brands to move onto the site. It has applied to develop land close to the junction of Scania Way and the main A149 coast road.
It has applied to build a 1,700 sqm store similar to the new branch it opened in Heacham earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
A separate developer has also tabled plans for a drive-through restaurant on behalf of an as-yet un-named food firm on land next door.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer