New kit for Horsford junior footballers after donation
- Credit: Archant
A team of junior footballers are sporting new kit thanks to sponsorship from a housing developer.
Horsford Youth Football Club under 18s have been given the clothing by David Wilson Homes.
Chris Brown, the football club's communications officer and under 18s coach said he was thrilled with the new kit, which followed a similar donation last year.
Mr Brown said: 'Having sponsorship and support from David Wilson Homes has been crucial in allowing this team to run over the past two seasons. 'The club are incredibly grateful for the support of David Wilson Homes and hope to continue this partnership for the years to come.'
Jason Colmer, sales director at the firm, said he was delighted to be supporting the team.
Mr Colmer said: 'It is a pleasure to sponsor the Horsford Under 18s for the second year and look forward to hearing about their progress this season.
'As well as building quality homes, it is important that we support the local groups and services that exist in the communities close to our developments.'
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
David Wilson Homes has a new development in Horsford, Butterfly Mill on Mill Lane.
The spot is close to where the football club is based at Horsford Primary School.
The club has started taking registrations for its 2017 Tournament, which will be hosted at Horsford Village Hall and Recreation Ground on Monday, May 1.
The tournament will be open to youngsters from under-6 to under-14, and there are some girls' groups, visit www.horsfordyouthfc.co.uk for more details.