New homes could be built on former builders’ yard in Foulsham
- Credit: Archant
More than 10 homes could be built on a former builders' yard in Foulsham.
MacKinnon Construction Limited is seeking permission to build 11 properties off Claypit Road, on the site of T H Blyth and Sons.
Planning papers submitted to Broadland District Council state the development would be a mix of single and two-storey dwellings.
Meanwhile, access to the new homes would be from Claypit Road, with pedestrian access proposed for Chapel Lane.
The existing site consists of buildings dating back to the 1940s, which are said to have reached the end of their 'economic life'.
You may also want to watch:
Planning papers state: 'Taking account of the location, condition and capital costs required to upgrade the premises to make them suitable for modern employment uses, we are of the opinion that no developer or speculator would be prepared to undertake the require refurbishment.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park