New family homes could be built in Norfolk village
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Two new family homes could be built on a spare plot of land in a village.
A planning application has been submitted for a home with five bedrooms and another with four in Meadow Lane, Carbrooke, near Watton.
The road currently consists of three houses, with the proposed new homes identified for an area which has been used as paddock land.
'The submitted scheme proposes two new family homes designed with typical Norfolk country house styles and features in mind,' agent Clayland Architects said in a design and access statement.
One of the homes is due to be owned by the applicants, who also own a small number of Grey Face Dartmoor rare breed sheep.
You may also want to watch:
'The inclusion of grazing sheep on the rear paddocks (also owned by the applicant) demonstrates that the dwellings will be designed and built to be in keeping with a rural setting and lifestyle,' the design and access statement added.
'The family homes will be in a Norfolk country home style and intend to add form and character to the local area.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
However concerns have been raised about the space cars will have to turn in Meadow Lane should the new homes be built.