New commander to take charge of 48th Fighter Wing at RAF Lakenheath
- Credit: Archant
A new commander is taking charge of a USAF wing at a Suffolk airbase.
Colonel Evan Pettus is assuming command of the 48th Fighter Wing, based at RAF Lakenheath.
He takes over from incumbent Colonel Robert Novotny, who had served as commander of the wing since 2014 and is departing for another assignment with the air force.
A Change of Command ceremony will take place at the base on Tuesday, July 19. The ceremony is a USAF tradition, which represents the trust of command being passed from one commander to the next.
Col Pettus' previous assignment was as the deputy assistant chief of staff at J3 with United States Forces Korea.
He is a command pilot with more than 2,200 flight hours in the F-15E, and is a graduate of the US Air Force Academy.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'