New charity beer festival planned for North Walsham
- Credit: PA
A new charity beer festival is being launched at North Walsham this summer.
It will be on August 2-3 at the town's Scout hut, and is being organised by the local Round Table - a long-standing friendship and fund-raising club.
Club chairman Trevor Ivory said: 'As a Table we have been keen to put on an event in the summer following our years of success with the Santa Sleigh in North Walsham, which last year raised over £6,000.
'We hope this event will be something to bring people out over the weekend, and attract visitors to the town. Funds raised during the event will be put towards local causes, and we hope it becomes a regular event to celebrate locally brewed ales.'
The festival will be open Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Saturday evening with a barbecue and entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to help with sponsorship visit www.nwrt.co.uk/beer.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 5 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 6 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 7 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 10 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop