New chairman for trust
Kate Gordon has been appointed chairman of the board of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHS Trust. A member of the board since January 2006, and former vice-chairman, Mrs Gordon had been the interim chairman of the board since June this year, following the departure of former chairman Allyson Broadhurst.
Kate Gordon has been appointed chairman of the board of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHS Trust.
A member of the board since January 2006, and former vice-chairman, Mrs Gordon had been the interim chairman of the board since June this year, following the departure of former chairman Allyson Broadhurst.
Before joining the trust as a non-executive director, Mrs Gordon held a similar role with the former West Norfolk Primary Care Trust. During her civil service career, Mrs Gordon worked with the former Ministry of Agriculture and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as a policy adviser.
Mrs Gordon is a board member of Passenger Focus, the consumer body for the transport sector, to which she was appointed by the secretary of state for transport.
Her appointment as chairman of the hospital board is for four years, effective from this month. She is paid £20,144 a year.
Mrs Gordon said: 'The Queen Elizabeth Hospital has made enormous progress over the past two years. The trust board intends to build on this success, reinforcing the already close links between the hospital and community it serves, whilst providing high-quality services to patients in a safe environment."
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out