New chairman announced for Wymondham Business Group
- Credit: Archant
A group which works tirelessly to promote independent trade in south Norfolk has welcomed a new chairman.
The Wymondham Business Group, which was formed last year, announced that its current chairman, David Disney, has been appointed as the Market Towns Initiative coordinator for South Norfolk Council.
He will hand over the mantle to Wymondham Town Councillor Dianne Fernee, founder and co-director of the group.
The group has worked with South Norfolk Council on the Market Towns Initiative, developing a new town logo and strap line, as well as working on improvements including dementia friendly signage and shoppers maps in car parks, which are expected to appear soon.
Steven Green, secretary, said: 'This development is a testament to the success of the WBG, how much influence the group has had in formulating plans to take the to take the town forward, and its ability to put on events that improve the footfall in the town centre.'
You may also want to watch:
The group meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 5.30pm in the council chambers on Middleton Street. For information, contact 01953 607724.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 5 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 6 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 7 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 9 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 10 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals