New Burger King drive-thru to open next week
- Credit: Archant
The first Burger King restaurant to open its doors in a coastal town will be unveiled next week.
A new drive-thru restaurant will open on the North Quay Retail Park in Lowestoft.
Work to develop the new Burger King drive-through outlet on the popular retail park has been continuing for almost a year.
Demolition work started last November on two former retail units at the retail park on Peto Way, and previously Burger King had said the new drive-thru restaurant would open “in the coming weeks” – however, they confirmed this would now open next Monday.
A Burger King UK spokesman said: “We can confirm that there will be a new restaurant opening at this location on Monday, October 26.”
It comes almost three-and-a-half years after work was stopped on the site of the first proposed Burger King drive-through restaurant in Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Work to develop the fast food restaurant had previously begun in late 2016 on the site of the historic Coopers biscuit factory, off Jubilee Way in Lowestoft, before stopping in May 2017 after the franchisee due to be managing the site went into administration.
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend