New birdseye video shows progress of A11 dualling scheme
- Credit: Mike Page
The progress of the A11 dualling project from Thetford to Elveden has been revealed by a new video taken from 1,300ft up.
Pilot Dan Gay took advantage of clear skies to shoot the birdseye video on December 30, showing the 9.1 mile stretch's rapid development.
The video clearly shows the new Elveden Bypass snaking through the Suffolk countryside (0.50 - 3.15) as well as shots of the new bridges and underpasses being installed.
The Highways Agency have targeted a late autumn completion for the £102 million scheme, with work having begun in January 2013.
Mr Gay has been a regular observer of the A11 scheme, accompanied by photographer Mike Page.
You may also want to watch:
The pair took previous footage of the road in April last year.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'