New Athletics Club marks the Christmas period with a festive fun run in Attleborough
- Credit: Archant
An athletics club has marked the Christmas period with its first Jingle Jog fun run.
Organisers of Attleborough Athletics Academy were delighted as dozens of runners donned their Santa hats and fancy dress to run at Gaymers Meadow.
The event was created to offer townsfolk the chance to take part in a non-competitive, fun and social event allowing sport to be accessible for all.
There was a choice of either a 3km or 5km course and participants were invited to walk, jog or run their chosen route.
Many turned out embracing the festive spirit in fancy dress outfits and spot prizes were awarded by the Town Mayor, Jeremy Burton.
You may also want to watch:
Medals were presented to all finishers and mince pies awaited the athletes at the finish line.
The club was set up by volunteers in November with the aim of keeping youngsters fit, attracting 50 new members in its first week.
For more information, visit www.attleboroughathletics.co.uk
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 9 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze