New artistic director and general manager at Maddermarket Theatre in Norwich
A new artistic director and general manager have joined the team at the Maddermarket Theatre in Norwich.
Genevieve Raghu is to become artistic director while Les Hoare is the new general manager.
The 23-year-old, a former Norwich High School for Girls student, is the youngest artistic director to be appointed at the theatre.
Her career as a director to date involves working across Europe, in the West End, and in regional theatre.
She said: 'It is a very special theatre with a tremendous history and status.
'As the main producing house in the city of Norwich I welcome this opportunity to build on its reputation and take it to a new level.'
The first production she will direct at the theatre will be Noel Coward's comedy Present Laughter, which will run from April 19 to 28.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 7 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 8 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
Mr Hoare, who is responsible for the theatre's overall management, has had a long career as a director in commercial business management, and recently managed the Fisher Theatre in Bungay.