Network Rail apologise ahead of disruption to Lowestoft rail commuters
- Credit: James Bass
Rail passengers using the Ipswich to Lowestoft line are being advised to check before they travel as work to the track begins this weekend.
Network Rail is carrying out major track renewal work, closing part of the line between Ipswich to Halesworth, from Saturday, July 29, to Sunday, August 6.
Trains between Halesworth and Lowestoft will still be running.
Buses will replace the trains at the stations affected - with 'fast' buses available to Halesworth for connection to Lowestoft.
Jamie Burles, managing director of Greater Anglia, said: 'We are sorry that our customers will be inconvenienced while Network Rail completes this engineering work. Ultimately it will help us to run a more reliable, on time railway and make customers' journeys better.
You may also want to watch:
'While the engineering work is going on, we will make sure that our customers are still able to complete their journeys, even if part of it is by bus.'
Commuters are advised to check before they travel on www.greateranglia.co.uk.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 7 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 8 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre