Restaurants and former Bake Off star support charity’s Purple Picnic
- Credit: Archant
Former Great British Bake Off contestant Kate Barmby will be supporting a Norfolk bereavement charity's fundraising picnic.
Nelson's Journey, which provides support for bereaved children and young people, is hosting its annual Purple Picnic week from July 8 to 14.
This year's event will see Mrs Barmby, Benedicts restaurant and Sponge Cakes all getting behind the initiative with their own unique ideas.
Mrs Barmby has provided three recipes featured in the fundraising pack sent to supporters holding their own picnic events.
Meanwhile, Richard Bainbridge and his wife Katja, who own Benedicts restaurant in Norwich, will make a donation to the charity every time they sell a 'Nanny Bush's Trifle'.
• To receive a free fundraising pack and for more information go online www.nelsonsjourney.org.uk/purple-picnic or contact email@example.com
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day