Restaurants and former Bake Off star support charity’s Purple Picnic
- Credit: Archant
Former Great British Bake Off contestant Kate Barmby will be supporting a Norfolk bereavement charity's fundraising picnic.
Nelson's Journey, which provides support for bereaved children and young people, is hosting its annual Purple Picnic week from July 8 to 14.
This year's event will see Mrs Barmby, Benedicts restaurant and Sponge Cakes all getting behind the initiative with their own unique ideas.
Mrs Barmby has provided three recipes featured in the fundraising pack sent to supporters holding their own picnic events.
Meanwhile, Richard Bainbridge and his wife Katja, who own Benedicts restaurant in Norwich, will make a donation to the charity every time they sell a 'Nanny Bush's Trifle'.
You may also want to watch:
• To receive a free fundraising pack and for more information go online www.nelsonsjourney.org.uk/purple-picnic or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park