Nearly 100 runners take on marathon around Breckland
- Credit: Archant
First-time runners and the not so experienced completed a marathon which took in the beautiful Brecks scenery.
The Breckland Marathon saw 95 runners compete in total, 60 which braved the full 26.2 miles and 35 who took on the half.
Starting at the British Trust for Ornithology's (BTO) site at Nuns' Bridges in Thetford, the route took it's competitors along the Little Ouse path. The route also went through Santon Downham and Brandon.
The winners of the half marathon were Wayne Cook with 1hour 32 minutes and Sarah Peachey with 1 hour 43 minutes.
The winners of the full marathon were Howard Long with 3 hours 43 minutes and Jo Summers with 4 hours 8 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Wood was given a special mention. After leading for the most of the race, he came fourth after getting lost on the last leg. He ran an extra three miles in 3 hours 55 minutes.
The BTO hosted the event and the marathon raised £650 for the charity.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars