National contest success for North Norfolk Surf Life-Savers Club
Surf life-savers in north Norfolk are celebrating national success.
A team representing North Norfolk Surf Life-Savers Club fielded a gold-medal winning runner and came home with an overall ranking of seventh nationwide.
Members travelled to Polzeath in Cornwall for the annual Surf Life-Saving National Championships where Jo Thompson stormed her way to gold in the women's two-kilometre beach run.
Miss Thompson, 23, of Mundesley Road, North Walsham, works as a beach lifeguard at Mundesley.
It was only the second time that the north Norfolk club, based at Cromer, had entered the contest.
You may also want to watch:
The team's rankings were: surf swim men: Vince Pank 18th, Jack Ollington 20th. Surf swim women: Jess Frere-Smith 10th, Sophie Liddament 11th. Men's rescue board race: Alex Foster, Wes Frere-Smith and Jake Maddox, semi-finalists. Beach flags men: Scott Davidson, Jake Maddox, semi-finalists. Tube rescues, women: Jess Frere-Smith and Sophie Liddament, 6th. Tube rescues mens: Jack Ollington and Vince Pank, semi-Finalists. Board rescues, women: Jess Frere-Smith and Jo Thompson, semi-Finalists. Board rescues men: Stu Thopmson and Vince Pank, Wes Frere-Smith and Alex Foster, semi-finalists. 2km beach run women: Jo Thompson, 1st, Jess Frere-Smith, 5th; 2km beach run men: Scott Davidson 5th, Alex Foster 8th. Beach sprints, women: Jo Thompson, 5th, Beach sprints men: Scott Davidson, semi-finalist. Beach relay sprints men, Wes Frere-Smith, Scott Davidson, Alex Foster and Vince Pank 4th.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested