Nail bar owner bids to open second shop in north Norfolk
- Credit: Google Maps
A nail bar owner is hoping to expand his business by opening a second shop in north Norfolk.
Nails by Steve, on Bridge Street in Fakenham, opened at the end of 2018 - and now Hoai Tan Truong, or Steve as he is known to customers, is applying to North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) to change the use of a former hair salon in Holt.
The premises, on Albert Street, is currently vacant.
A supporting document states the change of use to nail bar would have "no effect" on Holt conservation area and the scale and form of the current building will remain untouched.
The only work will be small-scale redecoration as the premises has not been occupied for some time.
An active tenant would have a positive effect as the property will be maintained, the application states.
Mr Truong said: "We're going well here in Fakenham and I just wanted to find another shop. Business is getting bigger and bigger."
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?