Mystery of why Greggs in Diss unexpectedly closed is resolved
- Credit: Archant
A Greggs store which closed unexpectedly for the second time in a year has closed for a refit, it has been revealed.
Mystery surrounded the unexpected closure of the nationwide chain's Diss branch on Tuesday, March 21 as the popular bakery was reportedly set up and ready for business before suddenly closing.
The windows were covered in paper and there were few clues as to why the bakery was not open as usual.
However notices now placed in the premises windows read: 'This shop is now closed for a full refit, we look forward to seeing you on our return.'
It is not the first time the branch of Greggs in Diss has suddenly closed to the public.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year the bakery voluntarily closed its doors after being made aware of an issue with rodents in the premises.
Greggs head office was approached for comment on when the store would re-open but has not yet responded.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit