Mystery of why Greggs in Diss unexpectedly closed is resolved
- Credit: Archant
A Greggs store which closed unexpectedly for the second time in a year has closed for a refit, it has been revealed.
Mystery surrounded the unexpected closure of the nationwide chain's Diss branch on Tuesday, March 21 as the popular bakery was reportedly set up and ready for business before suddenly closing.
The windows were covered in paper and there were few clues as to why the bakery was not open as usual.
However notices now placed in the premises windows read: 'This shop is now closed for a full refit, we look forward to seeing you on our return.'
It is not the first time the branch of Greggs in Diss has suddenly closed to the public.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year the bakery voluntarily closed its doors after being made aware of an issue with rodents in the premises.
Greggs head office was approached for comment on when the store would re-open but has not yet responded.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash