Who is leaving flowers for people in this mid Norfolk village?
- Credit: Stephanie-Jane Saunders
A mystery is sweeping a mid Norfolk village after vases of flowers began appearing along its main road.
The flowers were seen at various locations along Dereham Road, in Mattishall, earlier this week.
Attached to each vase was a note reading "a little gift to make you smile. Please take me home."
Among those to find a beautiful bloom was Stephanie-Jane Saunders, who saw them as she picked up her children, Makayla and Mason, from school.
"I was walking the dog when I saw these flowers dotted all along the road," said Miss Saunders, from Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
"Community spirit is really good in Mattishall and it was lovely for the children to see the flowers when they walked out of school."
Mattishall is familiar with seeing kind gestures made by strangers.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 9 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
In December 2019, wrapped Christmas presents were left along Dereham Road for children to take home.
Miss Saunders said she still did not know who was leaving the flowers, but added that it "definitely made me smile".