My First Car: Itchy-Coo left bride-to-be broken-hearted
- Credit: supplied
June Pepper sold her Hillman Minx Coupe to pay for her wedding – it broke her heart to part with Itchy-Coo.
I bought my first car in 1954 for £45.
It was a black Hillman Minx Coupe with the registration FLE 29 and I named him Itchy-Coo because of that registration.
I sold him to an American in 1957 for £45 to pay for my wedding.
It was a lovely, smart car and it never broke down all the time I owned it. But it broke my heart to part with him.
You may also want to watch:
It didn't have a heater but I had my future husband to keep me warm.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Whether it was a much-loved classic, old banger or a modern motor tell us about your first car. The adventures, highs and lows and what made it so memorable. Email your story with a picture of the car to email@example.com or post it to Andy Russell, motoring editor, Archant, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE.