Musician Ed Sheeran shows his support in the stands at the East Anglian Derby
- Credit: Archant
Singer Ed Sheeran has been spotted at Carrow Road, as Norwich and Ipswich battle it out in the East Anglian derby.
The Shape of You singer was seen sitting in the Norwich end despite reportedly being an Ipswich fan.
And fans on Twitter were quick to point out the musician had come along to watch the match.
With a nod to one of Ed's hits, @PepsiMaxed50 said: 'I'm just thinking out loud but it's good to see Ed Sheeran at the Norwich game.'
Andy Cossey joked he had finally got a selfie with Norwich legends Adam Drury and Grant Holt and an Ipswich fan - in this case Ed Sheeran - photo bombs you.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich fans said they hoped he would be a good luck charm, with many pleased to find out he supported the team.
But @JakobC_ said: 'Ed Sheeran is an Ipswich fan? Now I know why all his songs are depressing.'
Ed, who was born in Yorkshire but raised in Framlingham, Suffolk, has recently recognised the county in his song Castle on the Hill - which he said was a 'love song for Suffolk'.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
He told Radio 1's Scott Mills: 'This is a love song for Suffolk, because I don't think anyone has ever done that.'
The song features the lyrics: 'I can't wait to go home.'
It was also announced by Ed that the music video for Castle On The Hill was shot in Suffolk, and features students from his former high school in Framlingham.