Murder victim named
The elderly lady murdered in her sheltered housing complex home has been named as 79-year-old Heather Burton.Police were called to the property on Sun Barn Walk in Reepham, just before 10.
The elderly lady murdered in her sheltered housing complex home has been named as 79-year-old Heather Burton.
Police were called to the property on Sun Barn Walk in Reepham, just before 10.30am on Saturday November 3.
A 30-strong police team is heading up the investigation with forensic examination of the scene and house to house enquiries continue.
The man arrested on suspicion of murder is still being questioned at Dereham Police Station. He is from the Reepham area and in his 60s.
Throughout the weekend police cars and tape surrounded the property where the woman died and people living close by said they were stunned by the incident.
Det Supt Chris Hobley, from Norfolk's Major Incident Team, who is heading up the investigation, said: “I would ask anybody who used the alleyway in Sun Barn Walk between 4.30pm on Friday November 2 and 10am on Saturday November 3 to contact me on 0856 4564567.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 4 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 10 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe