Mum’s charity appeal gets raffle boost from Wymondham pub
- Credit: David Bale
A pub in Wymondham is running a series of raffles to raise money in support of a young woman with brain cancer.
The Railway in Station Road is selling raffle tickets to raise £100 for Cancer Research UK in support of Rachel Stannard, a staff member at the pub, whose daughter, Paige, has a form of cancer.
Paige, who is in her early 20s, spent most of last year battling the cancer.
Mrs Stannard is aiming to raise a total of £1,000 for the charity.
Peter Ford, pub owner, said raffle tickets could be bought on their own without any other purchase at the pub, and all the proceeds went to Mrs Stannard's JustGiving fundraiser at www.justgiving.com/Rachel-Stannard3.
Mr Ford said: 'We want to help give Rachael and Paige the strength and determination to raise money for such important medical research.'
You may also want to watch:
Raffle winners receive a three-course meal for two with wine.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community