Mum-of-three running North Norfolk Half Marathon for Parkinson’s UK
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A mum-of-three has been inspired to pull on her running shoes to raise money to help people with Parkinson's Disease.
The cause is close to Verity Conway's heart after her father, former Lord Mayor of Norwich Roy Blower, was diagnosed with the condition a few years ago.
Mrs Conway, of Earlham Road, Norwich, will be taking part in the North Norfolk Half-Marathon, which starts and finishes at Holkham Hall, on Sunday.
The 36-year-old pharmaceutical representative, whose children are Flynn, nine, Zac, seven, and Thea, four, said: 'I am feeling prepared. I was hoping for rain but I can see the heatwave they have been predicting is about to hit at the weekend and I think that's going to be the main challenge as it's going to be hot.
'Part of the reason I'm doing it is about a personal challenge, but also my Dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's about six years ago.
You may also want to watch:
'I have just seen how gradually his health has deteriorated and the impact that's had on him.
'As somebody who has always been very interested in sport and been quite active, it's really affected his ability to get out and about.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 8 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
'I really wanted to in particular support research into Parkinson's but also Parkinsons UK have nurses who support people and they do a really good job.'
To sponsor Mrs Conway, log on to www.justgiving.com/Verity-Conway