Couple and their pets flee bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters said a smoke detector had stopped a blaze in a bungalow in Necton having more serious consequences.
Crews from Swaffham, Dereham. Watton, Earlham and Massingham were called to the fire in Chantry Lane at shortly after 6.30pm on Tuesday, February 12.
The couple in the home were alerted to the fire in their loft by a smoke detector and were able to get out of the home, along with their pets.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used main and hose jets to tackle the flames.
The incident was declared over at 7.46pm.
You may also want to watch:
Necton is a village located between Swaffham and East Dereham.
• Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner