Mulbarton man is fined for causing criminal damage
A Mulbarton man has been fined �70 for damage he caused to a door during an angry argument with his wife.
Christopher Kelly, of Bluebell Road, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court yesterday and pleaded guilty to one charge of causing criminal damage on Sunday, January 15.
Susanna Chowdhury, for the prosecution, said: 'They were married with two kids and had separated but at the time of this incident had been back together for about six weeks.
'It was at around 4.30 in the morning when an argument started and Mr Kelly punched a kitchen door with a clenched fist and the wood split.
'He admits he was angry and says he didn't intend to cause any damage, but accepts he was reckless.'
You may also want to watch:
It was said that Kelly had given up his job in Southend-on-Sea because his wife had wanted to move back to the Norwich area, for more support with their children from her family.
The stresses which had lead to the argument - which happened when their children were not in the house - were said to have stemmed from Kelly's struggle to find new employment in Norfolk.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
He was ordered to pay a total of �85, with a �15 surcharge added to his �70 fine.