‘Muggy’ Mike Thalassitis from Love Island to appear at Norwich club fresh from Jessica Shears rumours
- Credit: Archant
Semi-professional footballer and ex-Love Island contestant Mike Thalassitis is set to have a ball when he visits Mercy Nightclub on Prince of Wales Road this Friday.
The Cypriot-born Margate FC player lasted less than a week before he was booted off the ITV2 show after the fellow islanders chose one man and woman to leave the luxury villa.
The decision followed a public vote for their favourite couples which left three up for elimination.
But the villa's loss is Norwich's gain as the Love Island lothario heads to Mercy for a meet and greet this Friday June 30 from 10pm.
There is also the opportunity to win a VIP table with Mike who described himself as 'tall, dark and handsome' on the show.
MORE: Norwich groundsworker Harley Judge is first to be booted off Love IslandThalassitis had a turbulent time during his short stay in the villa, which included coupling up with Olivia Attwood and a fight with her love interest Chris Hughes who nicknamed him 'muggy Mike'.
The drama continued after the show where it is alleged he spent the night with Jessica Shears who was voted off at the same time - despite her romance with fellow contestant Dom Lever.
A spokesperson for Cabana Club, Mercy's Friday club night, said: 'It's great to be able to bring Mike to Norwich, everyone is talking about him from the show right now.
You may also want to watch:
'The response has been incredible on social media so it's expected it to be a really busy night.'
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs