Much-loved former allotments chairman has a lane named after him
- Credit: Picture: Northfields Allotments
A lane has been named after a much-loved former allotments chairman.
Keith May, chair of Hunstanton Northfields Allotments Club, passed away in February 2018 at the age of 81.
The proud Liverpudlian rose to the rank of Major during his service with the Coldstream Guards and in retirement was a stalwart member of the Northfields Allotment Club on Cromer Road for 10 years before he became its chairman.
Members of the allotments club have erected a sign in his memory, funded by donations, with the kind permission of the LeStrange Estate.
Paul Emerson, the club's chairman, said: 'Keith was Northfields Allotments for many years making it what it is now, a thriving community of dedicated allotmenteers.
You may also want to watch:
'His memory will always remembered by naming the lane down to the allotments after him, a fitting reminder of all the hard work he did.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old