MP Norman Lamb calls on local musicians and live music venues to enter “Rock the House” annual parliamentary competition
An MP is calling on local musicians and live music venues in north Norfolk to enter a competition that could see them perform on the House of Commons terrace.
Norman Lamb, whose son manages the artist Tinchy Stryder, is baking the annual parliamentary 'Rock the House' live music competition.
'If you don't play yourself but know of a talented musician or a great venue that you feel deserves a nomination, I want to hear from you,' he said.
'We have a great deal of talent here in Norfolk, and this competition gives entrants a valuable opportunity to gain wider recognition and the contacts that can be crucial to launching a career.
'It would be great to see Norfolk taking the competition to the rest of the country and showing what we have to offer.'
You may also want to watch:
Successful nominees will go forward to a national competition which will be judged by a panel of music industry experts and musicians. The finalists will take part in a battle of the bands to determine the winner on May 30.
Entries are invited in four separate categories - under-18's, solo artists, bands and live music venues.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
Prizes include music equipment and the chance to play at high profile festivals and the winner in each category will perform live at a final competition reception on the terrace at the House of Commons in the evening.
? Musicians and live music venues within the constituency can find all forms and information about the competition at www.rockthehouse2012.com. Nominations should be sent to email@example.com before March 16.