Motorist taken to hospital after crash between car and lorry in Dereham
- Credit: Archant
A man in his twenties has been taken to hospital after a crash between a lorry and car in Dereham.
Emergency services, including the air ambulance, were called to the crash in De-Narde Road, at the junction with the B1146, at just after 7.30am today.
Firefighters from Dereham helped to release the injured person from a black Honda.
The air ambulance reportedly landed on Northgate School playing field.
Doctor Drew Welch and paramedic Tim Daniels sedated the patient, provided advanced airway intervention and put measures in place to protect the patient's brain.
You may also want to watch:
The man, who was in a serious condition, was then flown to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
Update: Police confirmed the road was reopened at 9.50am. Officers were still on the scene.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut