Motorist freed from her car after two-vehicle crash in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman had to be cut free from her vehicle after a crash in Lowestoft.
Emergency services were called out at 2.51pm today (Saturday) following reports of a two-vehicle collision on the junction of Oulton Road and Yarmouth Road.
Three fire crews – two from Lowestoft South and one from North Lowestoft – attended to cut the woman out of the vehicle.
The crash, which happened on Millennium Way, near to the Aldi foodstore, caused minor traffic delays at the scene was cleared.
A police spokesman said officers were called to the scene, following reports of the collision between two black cars.
You may also want to watch:
'We were called out following reports of a collision between two black vehicles,' the spokesman said. 'Investigations are under way, and we are trying to piece together what happened.'
Gary Smart, watch commander for North Lowestoft, said: 'Three crews were called out following reports of a collision between two black vehicles. One elderly female was removed from one of the vehicles and is due to be taken to hospital. We made the scene safe and took control of the situation.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) attended and treated the woman, who was due to be taken to the hospital. There were not believed to be any other injured motorists.